Job Opening – Farm Apprentice Mentoring (FAM) Program
Hawaii Farmers Union United
Assistant Program Director
FAM Assistant Program Director would have experience as a farmer on Maui, and have excellent writing and communication skills, extensive computer and social media skills, strong knowledge of the Hawaii Farmers Union and how to connect FAM program apprentices with Farmers Union and other community resources. Required also: Proficiency in Microsoft Office especially Excel, skills and experience overseeing grants and programs related to agriculture.
Position is based on Maui
Duties would include:
- On-going apprentice support, including logistical assistance and communications regarding schedule of classes and demonstrations, homework and reflection sessions.
- Creating an online presence and resource tool box for the FAM program in all HFUU related web sites and social media outlets.
- Assisting with the on-farm mentoring demonstration components by attending all demonstrations, providing assessment of the learning experience and reporting back to the Program Director.
- Setting up monitoring tools for the program, including attendance in classes and on farm demonstrations and reporting attendance to the Program Director; program surveys, and similar.
- Have knowledge of apprentices goals and researching island resources to assist apprentices in realizing their farm enterprise – following up with apprentices
- Have familiarity of all grants related to the program and assist in the quarterly and final reporting process.
14 hours/week for 13 weeks
April 1 – June 30th . With a chance for renewal July 1.
Deadline for applying: Friday March 24th
Send resume and cover letter to Phyllis Robinson, email@example.com