2020 HFUU 10th Annual State Convention
to receive a FREE commemorative convention logo in both a 3" waterproof sticker and magnet!
Non-MEMBER Convention Package includes a 1 year individual HFUU membership
HFUU Music & Speaker Series
The Hawaii Farmers Union United has been putting together some of the best musical artists and expert speakers in a variety of agricultural related talks.
Aloha and welcome to the official web portal for Hawai’i Farmers Union United (HFUU) now representing 13 regional chapters. HFUU (est. 2010) is the fastest growing state chapter within the National Farmers Union (est. 1902). Meet our Leadership, review our bylaws, policies, or Contact Us.
- Under the Member menu discover our generous member benefits, join or renew your membership.
- Use the pulldown under chapters to learn more Hawai'i's unique agricultural regions and see if there is a chapter in your area.
- Add our Events to your calendar and register for upcoming workshops and educational opportunities.
- You can find press releases along with HFUU presidents and committee reports on our blog. To control your profile and preferences and subscribe to newsletters create an account, Login.
- Creating a local food movement for now and future generations requires participation as a producer and consumer in making Hawai’i food secure and self sustaining. If you value our mission, tax deductible donations are accepted through the HFU Foundation. Mahalo nui loa.
HFUU represents and advocates for family farmers and ranchers on all of the Hawaiian Islands. Our members represent: Farm Owners/Operators, Foodies, Ranchers, Gardeners, Perma-culturalists, Cultural practitioners, Landscapers, and Suppliers & Businesses that are part of the local food chain.
HFUU and NFU (National Farmers Union) membership offers educational opportunities for youth and adults at local, state and national levels; an On-Farm Mentoring (FAM) Program in Hawaii, Internship Program in Washington, D.C., and many others.
The HFUU Legislative Committee participates collaboratively with the Policy Committee, coalitions, organizations, and agencies to articulate, promote and work to establish legislation and policies that align with the mission and vision of HFUU.
Blog: Union Statewide News and Updates
Be part of the future of agriculture in Maui.
HFUF was awarded $8,500 for small grants of $500 to farm families impacted by Covid-19. In collaboration with the Kohala Center and HFUU Chapters, these grants will be selected by July 31st. Farmers will need to apply for these grants which are due on July 28th. Download the criteria and information Download the application Farm…
With recent restaurant and business closures and social distancing orders, harvesting and distributing fresh produce has become more challenging for farmers and for people looking to purchase locally grown food. The Hawaii Farmers Union United, local farmers and stores are working to maintain that pipeline from the fields to the dinner table. To address the…
For Immediate Release The Hawaii Farmers Union United (HFUU) has launched a task force to quickly organize local food production; aggregate existing food hubs; and collaborate with certified commercial kitchens, door-to-door distributors and other stakeholders; to immediately address the economic impact of food sustainability from the global crisis. The task force under formation is starting…
Over 350 people attended Hawai’i Farmers Union United’s 8th Annual Convention held October 26, 27 and 28 at Oko’a Farms in Kula, (Upcountry) Maui. This year’s theme was “Growing Farm Resiliency.” Maui Mayor, Alan Arakawa, addressed the Convention on the morning of the 27th and Governor David Ige in the afternoon. Senator Mike Gabbard, Chair…