Here are some of the many benefits of being an HFUU member:
- Monthly Events with Members in 12 HFUU Chapters throughout 4 of the Hawaiian Islands
- On-Farm Mentoring in Hawai‘i
- A Voice in Hawai‘i and Washington, D.C.
- All of the benefits of being a National Farmers Union member, including discounts on;
- Educational Opportunities
- Software and Office Supplies
- Hardware and Drip Irrigation Equipment
- Hotels and Car Rentals
- Island Specific Discounts are detailed below:
- Scratch & Peck Feed, 5%
- The Sugar Hut, 5%
- Hawaiian Venom, 5%
- Forage Food Truck, 5%
- Thursday at Kapolei High School Farmer’s Market from 3pm-6:30pm
- Saturday at Wai‘anae Farmer’s Market from 8am-12:00pm.
- Naked Cow Dairy, $1 off purchase
- Wednesday FarmLovers Market at Ka Makana Ali`I from 3:30pm – 7:30pm
- Saturday at Wai‘anae Farmer’s Market from 8am-12:00pm
- Napa Auto Parts (Waianae location) – 10% off
- Wai’anae Gold – 10% off
- Takumi Japanese Restaurant (Kapolei) - 10% off
- Alive & Well, 10%
- Napa Auto Parts, 10%
- Charley’s Restaurant in Paia
- 15% on food
- Haiku True Value Hardware
- 10% Monday’s only
- Kula True Value Hardware & Nursery, 10%
- Haiku Hardware West Kuiaha, 10%
- ISI Irrigation Systems, variable %
- Leilani Farm Sanctuary
- 50% off farm tours
- Marmac ACE Hardware, 10%
- The Death Store, 10%
- Lawn Equipment Co, 10%
- Maui Brick Oven, 100% Gluten Free! - 10% off
- Maui Medical Thermography, 10%
At monthly events, held by all nine HFUU chapters on four islands, locally grown food is shared, compelling presentations are made, and networking with farmers is encouraged and facilitated. See our Events page and our Calendar page for more information about HFUU events.
HFUU and NFU (National Farmers Union) membership offers educational opportunities for youth and adults at local, state and national levels. Membership opportunities include an On-Farm Mentoring Program in Hawaii, Internship Program in Washington, D.C., Farmers Union Education Center, Beginning Farmer Institute, $1,000 – $2,000 Scholarships, National Youth Advisory Council, Educational Materials for Grades 1 through 12, Adult Education, Women’s Conference, Collegiate Chapters.
Discounts on Software and Office Supplies
Office Depot and OfficeMax are now one company. HFUU Members save up to 80% off on 93,000 products discounted below retail pricing. Enjoy free next-day delivery on online orders over $50. Shop online or print a free Store Purchasing Card using this link: http://www.officediscounts.org/nfu.html
Discounts on Hardware and Drip Irrigation Equipment
- Get Discounts at local Ace and other hardware stores; ask your HFUU chapter president for details about discounts in your area.
- Get a Discount of up to $1,000 when you purchase a new Kubota tractor.
- Get a 10% discount on retail purchases at DripWorks.com, the USA’s leading supplier of drip irrigation equipment. Use the code NFU15 during checkout to get the discount. (Some restrictions apply.)
Discounts on Hotels & Car Rentals
- Get a 15% Discount (using a special reservations code) at Aqua Group and Aston Hotels – representing 49 hotels in Hawaii. Plus, 10% of the fees are returned to HFUU! So, it’s a win-win for you and HFUU!
Click here to make reservations at Aqua Hotels & Resorts locations in Hawaii. There are 19 locations on Oahu, two on Kaua‘i, two on Hawai‘i Island, and one on Maui.
- Get a 20% Discount at over 6,000 Wyndham Hotels in the USA, including Ramada Worldwide, Days Inn, Wingate Inn, Howard Johnson, Travelodge, Super 8, Baymont Inn, Microtel Inns and Suites, Hawthorn Suites and Knights Inn locations. Use the Farmers Union Corporate Code: 1000009284. Click here for Online Reservations. Or, call toll-free: 877-670-7088.
- Avis Car Rental. Use the Farmers Union Avis Worldwide Discount (AWD) number B291043 when booking your car rental with Avis. Toll-free: 1-800-331-1212.
- Budget Car Rental: Save up to 20% off Budget car rentals. Use the Farmers Union Budget Corporate Discount (BCD) number: R198143. Toll-free: 1-800-527-0700.
- Membership dues are a tax-deductible business expense, if you are a business, and membership in HFUU is related to your business, for example farming. This has nothing to do with HFUU being tax-exempt. However, if you are an individual, membership dues are not tax-deductible.
- The New Leaf magazine (cannabis industry newsletter) is offering HFUU members the discounted, introductory subscription rate of #36/yr. as well a 20% off on advertising.