This page is dedicated to listing resources that align with HFUU’s mission, vision and policies. If you are aware of a resource your fellow HFUU members might benefit from, please send links to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Land Acquisition Resources
- Finding Farmland: A Farmer’s Guide to Working with Land Trusts
- (PDF download from the National Young Farmers Coalition, Jan. 2015)
Organic Farming Systems
- Comprehensive summary: https://phys.org/news/2016-02-agriculture-key-world-sustainably.html
- Organic Fertilizers – From Basic Concepts to Applied Outcomes
- (Freely view-able online)
- Hawai'i Island: http://hawaiicountyag.com/industry-resources/
- Hawaii Small Business Development Center (HSBDC)
- Flood Preparedness guide - Includes BEFORE, DURING and AFTER tips, also sections for pets and senior
- Water Categories and Water Damage Classifications - Includes the comparison of water damages and waters with comprehensive comparison
- Disaster Preparedness Plan - An infographic of different types of disasters
- How To Prepare For Natural Disasters - A complete guide for emergency
- Disaster Preparedness Essentials - Make sure you're ready for 72 hours on your own, thanks to this disaster preparedness toolkit.
- A Nurses Guide to First Aid and Disaster Preparedness - Submitted by 4H club participant, Kim Gregg.
- What to Have In Your Car In Case of Disaster: Being prepared for the worst