This page is dedicated to listing resources that align with HFUU’s mission, vision and policies. If you are aware of a resource your fellow HFUU members might benefit from, please send links to email@example.com.
COVID-19 Response Gardening Resources
- 1943 Victory Garden Handbook (PDF download - relevant now, except for the fertilizer suggestions)
- 1943 Home Gardening in Hawaii (PDF download)
- HFUU YouTube Channel
- Local Seeds for Local Needs (Seed Saving Tips Specific to Hawaii Soils & Climate)
Land Acquisition Resources
- Finding Farmland: A Farmer’s Guide to Working with Land Trusts
- (PDF download from the National Young Farmers Coalition, Jan. 2015)
Organic Farming Systems
- Comprehensive summary: https://phys.org/news/2016-02-agriculture-key-world-sustainably.html
- Organic Fertilizers – From Basic Concepts to Applied Outcomes
- (Freely view-able online)
- Farm Link Hawai‘i is an online marketplace and delivery service connecting growers and local buyers.
- Hawai'i Island: Hawaii County Ag
- Hawaii Small Business Development Center (HSBDC)
- Ultimate Guide to Disaster Preparedness on a Budget - Includes understanding the risks of your area, creating a disaster preparedness plan, easy survival skills, the ultimate disaster kit checklist, and more resources (Thank you Blake!)
- Flood Preparedness guide - Includes BEFORE, DURING and AFTER tips, also sections for pets and senior
- Water Categories and Water Damage Classifications - Includes the comparison of water damages and waters with comprehensive comparison
- Disaster Preparedness Plan - An infographic of different types of disasters
- How To Prepare For Natural Disasters - A complete guide for emergency
- Disaster Preparedness Essentials - Make sure you're ready for 72 hours on your own, thanks to this disaster preparedness toolkit.
- A Nurses Guide to First Aid and Disaster Preparedness - Submitted by 4H club participant, Kim Gregg.
- What to Have In Your Car In Case of Disaster: Being prepared for the worst
- Earthquake Preparedness: How to stay safe guide. Hawai'i ranks #3 for most earthquakes annually among US states.